Saturday 5 July 2008

NOW - "No Dub Demo" CD-R



2007, DIY, Japan

1. Notarin-Yama
2. Hijimari

3. Ima
4. No!

5. Yomi No Utage
6. Tengoku-Ressya

http://www.mediafire.com/?dwryzakjntc

I got this sent through with a record trade I did with some geezer in Japan. One of the best things about collecting music is getting something you’ve never heard of, have no interest in, playing and being floored. Despite this being a demo, it’s one of the best releases I’ve heard in the last few years.

I can’t tell you anymore about the guys other than they had a website, but it’s gone, they feature two members of Finnish-style thrash Laukaus, and they’ve now split up. High octane energetic thrash bubbling over with enthusiasm like only the Japanese can do. Would be great to see this on vinyl some day.

Here’s some great footage of them playing live:

2 comments:

COOL FOOL said...

Nice sound! Thrash Garage?
I like this.

Ben said...

saw this band, once. cool, way better than LAUKAUS.

cool blog.